Friday, September 24, 2010

Our First Post!

Hello everyone and welcome to Collegiate Connexion! My name is Kayla, and along with my best friend and roommate Taylor, are going to be your go-to source for figuring out life after college! Taylor and I are both current students at Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio; I am graduating in December and Taylor is finishing up her degree in May.  As we begin to experience the adjustment period from student life to adult hood, we are going to tell you about it.   Tips, tricks, pitfalls and more, you will hear all the dish about what to expect on your road to "real life."  Check out the "About Us" section to learn more about our backgrounds!


My first word of advice to all you soon-to-be college grads out there is to make sure you are actually going to be putting on that cap and gown when you think you are!  All colleges and universities have required courses you must take and certain credentials you must possess before you are eligible to graduate and if it is anything like BGSU, you are pretty much on your own to make sure you meet these standards!  That being said, my word of advice to you is to BE IN THE KNOW.  As a student with a seemingly absent academic advisor, I made sure I had the check sheet of exactly what courses I needed to take and when, and I would personally check off course by course as I took them.  So, when I arrived on campus over a month ago and had to apply for graduation, I felt confident I was not going to get a call that had a "I'm sorry.  You actually have one more science pre requisite to take, fork over another semesters worth of tuition please!" ring to it.  Asking questions, knowing the system, and staying in touch with your advisor like you do your BFF from home is essential to graduating on time.


Posted by Kayla Molczan

No comments:

Post a Comment